I did my SSI open water course with DiveIndia, and I can’t recommend it enough. I stayed with them for around a week.
– The initial communication via mails with Rahul and the booking part was smooth, a tad slow, but after I visited the island and saw the internet, I don’t blame them.
– For my first there nights I had the upgraded huts, they’re decent; it’s got all you need. Though if you get the ones near the road, it can get noisy. The bathroom was clean.
– Full moon cafe is amazing – I can’t point out a single dish that didn’t surprise me. I personally recommend the bhindi masala ?
– Finally, the diving – it was brilliant !!!! Just thinking about it makes me want to go back. On my first day, Vikas taught me. He was extremely patient and gave me a lot of confidence. He has extensive diving experience and it shows in the way he teaches. The next couple of days I did my dives with Neity, I was happy to see women instructors actually. Diving with her was nice.
– The underwater life is quite nice, though I guess when you do your advanced course, the dive sites are better. We saw sting rays, eels, mantis shrimps, octopus, the banded sea krait, star fish, lion fish and loads of other beautiful creatures.
– The equipment was in good shape, the staff help you with pretty much everything. The samosas and tea on the boat were a good relief from the hunger and cold !
I have to mention that while on the island, I had a scooter accident. (because of which I had to cut my stay short) And the instructors, even the ones that didn’t teach me were so helpful. I was actually surprised at the warmth I received. If you choose to do some diving in India, DiveIndia is a great option !
Tips: Ask for WIFI at the reception, be careful while riding around – the roads are narrow, I suggest take the greet and meet option – this way the logistics is taken care from airport pickup to drop, ferry transfers and other minor transfers, carry a lot of sunscreen, even a mosquito repellent, do take photos underwater as a memory, borrow a gopro if you want.